Thursday, June 26, 2008

Seattle Souvenir

This appeared in today's San Francisco Chronicle Food & Wine Newsletter. If you like mussels and LOVE bacon, you'll join me in applauding the Seattle chef who created this quick and easy dish.

QUICK WEEKNIGHT DISHES

Seattle-Style Mussels
By Casey Ellis, Chronicle contributor

My husband and his relatives have always loved to schlep edible souvenirs home from trips. They tuck cheeses into carry-on bags, stuff sausages into briefcases and devote extensive duffel bag space to jars of olives and pickles.

Grandpa Koch once packed a large, frozen . . . more »

3 comments:

Mari said...

You've just reminded me that I haven't had mussels in ages....thanks.

Anonymous said...

11 g of fat for that amount of bacon actually seems surprisingly low. Sounds yummy!

Jennifer said...

Looks heavenly! I love the idea of drizzling balsamic vinegar over at the end.
And anything with bacon is a good recipe in my book!